- DAILY PLANS
- FAN FILMS
- HEALTH: SEXUAL HEALTH
- Digital Narratives and Poplit Lyrics
- SLAM POETRY WITH MRS CZARNOTA
- ART RESEARCH & TASK
- DREAM VACATION: Financial Literacy & Oral Presenta...
- WEEKLY SCHEDULE & YEARLY CALENDAR
- CHANGE AGENT PROJECT RESULTS!
- CHANGE AGENT PROJECT OUTLINE!
- VISUAL ARTS RESOURCE PAGE
- Current Learning Focus/Goals
- ANIMAL FARM ANALYSIS: ESSAY WRITING
- ANIMAL FARM ANALYSIS: READING
- CHANGE AGENT ART ASSIGNMENT
- ART & HEALTH ASSIGNMENTS JAN/FEB
- Preparing For Highschool
- SHORT STORY ASSIGNMENT
- GEOGRAPHY ASSIGNMENT JANUARY
- DPA: Daily Physical Activities
- BLOOMS TAXONOMY
- GEOGRAPHY: Just Eat It
- INSTAGRAM PHOTOGRAPHY CHALLENGES
- STUDENT BLOGS
- Homework Policy
- 'Who is Mrs. J' game?
- Growth Mindset Page
- GEOGRAPHY #2: Migration, Population, Land Use
- GEOGRAPHY ASSIGNMENT #1
- Romeo & Juliet Essay Topics & Criteria
- ROMEO AND JULIET/SHAKESPEARE PAGE
- ORAL PRESENTATION: DREAM VACATION
- FAN FILMS part 3: HIGHSCHOOL LIVING/GIRL POWER (Gr...
- FAN FILM PART 1: SCI FI/FANTASY (groups 1-4)
- FAN FILMS part 2: THE OLDIES BUT GOODIES (Groups 5...
- FAN FILMS Part 4: COMEDIES (12-13)
- Photo-A-Day Project 2015-2016
- MATH DAY PLANS
- ESSAY WRITING PREPAREDNESS
- GEOGRAPHY: The Clean Bin Project
- tech buddies prezi videos
- HISTORY ASSIGNMENTS *Finished
- GEOGRAPHY: Mission Blue
- Tech Buddies Media Projects * Finished
- JANUARY HEALTH MATERIAL
- JANUARY HISTORY ASSIGNMENTS & QUIZ
- TECH BUDDIES
- Student Blogs/Media Maker Cycle Project
- ONLINE CLASS BOOK/PUBLISHED NARRATIVES
- INDIANA JONES ACTIVITIES
- Anti Bullying Page
- The Happy Page
- STUDENT SURVEYS
- Quote of the Month Page
- Mrs J's Math Resources Blog
- About Mrs. Johnson (Bio)
- Quote of the Day
Friday, 26 February 2016
I hope Winterfest was fun and that you enjoyed Just Eat It, Jen and Grant's next challenge.
Monday is Pink Shirt Day and I believe some of you will be performing skits! Awesome!
Tuesday is our visit to Eastview and consent forms, which I assume went out today, need to be returned asap!
On Wednesday, Animal Farm's last two chapters are to be finished! The forms for Chapter Nine and Ten are now on the blog!
On Friday, we will have our Skype chat with Costa Rica.
ALSO, Friday is March 4th and that means you must submit your course selections for high school.
We have LOTS of catching up to do for math so expect a lot of algebra next week!
Wednesday, 24 February 2016
With the snow day today, we won't be able to do our algebra practice! So the quiz will be postponed until sometime next week.
Remember that tomorrow is Winterfest though if it is also a snow day, Winterfest will then take place on Friday.
If that's the case, we won't get a chance to discuss Animal Farm on Friday. However, please ensure you have read up to chapter 8 and filled in the questions, just in case!
I'd like to assign chapters 9-10 for the following Wednesday, which will give you the weekend plus two extra days. And that means we will be done the book!
Links to google forms for those two chapters will be online by Friday night.
Also, keep in mind we are going to visit Eastview next Tuesday! A consent form was going to go out today...but the snow day has delayed that. Expect to receive it Thursday or Friday and bring it back ASAP!
Enjoy your snow day!
Sunday, 21 February 2016
Friday, 19 February 2016
Of course you can still participant in the STEAM design challenge without it!
It is simply to allow for a special media production by SCDSB. A SCDSB team is coming by Monday to film our design event as they are creating a video about our SCDSB STEAM initiatives (like the ones going on in our classroom!)
It is quite an honour to be invited/included in this media production!
So if you are able, please bring in the consent form for Monday!
Thursday, 18 February 2016
Tuesday, 16 February 2016
They gave a presentation about course selection and high school life.
HERE IS THE LINK TO EASTVIEW: http://eas.scdsb.on.ca/
Here are some photos from the presentation.
|Go to the student portal to submit your courses.|
|Login using your scdsb name and your birth date as password. You can change your password once you are in.|
|Then click for course selection!|
|TIPS ON HOW TO BE SUCCESSFUL!|
COURSE SELECTION NEEDS TO BE COMPLETED BY MARCH 4!
YOU CAN RE-SUBMIT AT ANY TIME UNTIL MARCH 4!
PLEASE GIVE MRS. J A PRINTED COPY SIGNED BY YOUR PARENTS!
Monday, 15 February 2016
SUSTAINABILITY& NON FICTION STUDY!
Watching another documentary on sustainability! Looking at the main ideas and supporting proof (documentaries are visual non fiction texts/persuasive essays)!
Exploring issues! Choosing the topic for your exploration project! Finish project before March Break!
Skype interview with Cloudbridge Nature Reserve in Costa Rica! Skype interview with environmental artist and activist (and former magician) from Strartford, ON!
ANIMAL FARM & ESSAY PREP!
Finishing Animal Farm! Working on pre-essay writing! Expanding those CASI responses! Completing those final Animal Farm responses!
Rehearsing, gather materials and finally filming and then editing those fan films!
ALGEBRA MATH & DRAMA
Exploring algebra equations, connecting algebra to real life, creating 'math dramas/skits' based on those real life connections!
Catching up on lost gym periods! Finishing the last little bit of the OPHEA basketball unit! Starting a new OPHEA basketball unit!
Next design challenge...Feb 22! We will have a 'film crew' in from the SCDSB to document our amazing design explorations. A consent form is required for this! Will hand out Tuesday and it is due back ASAP!