- DAILY PLANS
- FAN FILMS
- HEALTH: SEXUAL HEALTH
- Digital Narratives and Poplit Lyrics
- SLAM POETRY WITH MRS CZARNOTA
- ART RESEARCH & TASK
- DREAM VACATION: Financial Literacy & Oral Presenta...
- WEEKLY SCHEDULE & YEARLY CALENDAR
- CHANGE AGENT PROJECT RESULTS!
- CHANGE AGENT PROJECT OUTLINE!
- VISUAL ARTS RESOURCE PAGE
- Current Learning Focus/Goals
- ANIMAL FARM ANALYSIS: ESSAY WRITING
- ANIMAL FARM ANALYSIS: READING
- CHANGE AGENT ART ASSIGNMENT
- ART & HEALTH ASSIGNMENTS JAN/FEB
- Preparing For Highschool
- SHORT STORY ASSIGNMENT
- GEOGRAPHY ASSIGNMENT JANUARY
- DPA: Daily Physical Activities
- BLOOMS TAXONOMY
- GEOGRAPHY: Just Eat It
- INSTAGRAM PHOTOGRAPHY CHALLENGES
- STUDENT BLOGS
- Homework Policy
- 'Who is Mrs. J' game?
- Growth Mindset Page
- GEOGRAPHY #2: Migration, Population, Land Use
- GEOGRAPHY ASSIGNMENT #1
- Romeo & Juliet Essay Topics & Criteria
- ROMEO AND JULIET/SHAKESPEARE PAGE
- ORAL PRESENTATION: DREAM VACATION
- FAN FILMS part 3: HIGHSCHOOL LIVING/GIRL POWER (Gr...
- FAN FILM PART 1: SCI FI/FANTASY (groups 1-4)
- FAN FILMS part 2: THE OLDIES BUT GOODIES (Groups 5...
- FAN FILMS Part 4: COMEDIES (12-13)
- Photo-A-Day Project 2015-2016
- MATH DAY PLANS
- ESSAY WRITING PREPAREDNESS
- GEOGRAPHY: The Clean Bin Project
- tech buddies prezi videos
- HISTORY ASSIGNMENTS *Finished
- GEOGRAPHY: Mission Blue
- Tech Buddies Media Projects * Finished
- JANUARY HEALTH MATERIAL
- JANUARY HISTORY ASSIGNMENTS & QUIZ
- TECH BUDDIES
- Student Blogs/Media Maker Cycle Project
- ONLINE CLASS BOOK/PUBLISHED NARRATIVES
- INDIANA JONES ACTIVITIES
- Anti Bullying Page
- The Happy Page
- STUDENT SURVEYS
- Quote of the Month Page
- Mrs J's Math Resources Blog
- About Mrs. Johnson (Bio)
- Quote of the Day
Tuesday, 26 April 2016
Monday, 25 April 2016
Sunday, 17 April 2016
My class was showcased in a SCDSB video!
It shows one of our STEAM design challenges!
This is the link to the youtube video if you'd like to see us!
My iPad calendar, the office master calendar, the classroom calendar in the room, the list on the sidebar AND the google calendar on the blog page are now finally all saying the same thing.
The next few months are pretty jam packed with events!
By the way, did you notice is now says... GRAD! and LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!
Of course there are still assignments to be completed and those due dates will be added once determined...as will our next STEAM May/June events.
Friday, 15 April 2016
Students were keen to know the upcoming essay topics so I have created a page on the blog listing potential topic ideas! Look at the tabs above to find it!
Of course, we still need to finish the play and the essay is not yet officially assigned!
We are not reading every word, though we are examining several key sections of the text (provided by me in handout). But we are covering in detail the events of the play.
The full text is online (linked to my Shakespeare page) should you care to check it out!
Also keep in mind students will be acting out a scene of their choice. (Don't worry, you will not be required to memorize your lines! But you will need to emote, be in character, add expression to your words, use props, etc)
More on that later!
Monday, 11 April 2016
The nice weather is here (soon?) and we will be spending at least one period Friday OUTSIDE WALKING. (If Friday is a PD day or holiday, we will do it on Thursday).
So please come prepared to be outdoors for at least half an hour.
We will go walking no matter the weather (unless it is a) pouring rain or b) raining horizontally). So make sure you are ready to go!
Proper clothing to keep you either warm, dry, cool, whatever the case may be that day!
Sunscreen, hats, as we get to sunnier, warmer days!
The purpose of this activity is to get some exercise, spend time in nature, chat and bond together as a class community. We are getting closer to grad, you guys...soon, you will be going off to your next journey!