Hope everyone had a restful holiday!
Because we are about to hit the ground running!
Our time until March is all planned out. Please see the corresponding blog pages for details!
Also check out the homework and events list in the sidebar...everyone note: June is on the radar! But we've A LOT to accomplish between now and then!
Here's the Playlist until March Break:
First, some material we are all ready familiar with...
- WRAP UP SHORT STORIES! Using my feedback, revise your short story. Final copy due Jan 16
- WRAP UP CASI READING STUDY! Using my feedback, aim to improve your CASI scores when we do the final assessment Jan 13
- WRAP UP YOUR Elements of Art ART ANALYSIS on your blog! Jan 19.
- Persuasive oral language piece aka TED TALK for your Change Agent project by Feb 1
- FINISH YOUR CHANGE AGENT PROJECT IN FULL! March 8
Next, here's what's NEW to the playlist!
- Grade 7 & 8 Geography Research Assignment! Due Jan 26
- Whole Class Reading of Animal Farm & Corresponding Essay Response! Finish by March 8
- Health Response & Art project! Due Jan 26
- Math Quizes: Measurement Jan 16/Algebra Jan 26, Numeracy Mini Quizes Feb 10, Feb 24, March 8
Note: due dates are subject to change if needed! But so far, this is the plan!
Reading/Writing: Finish Story/CASI, Start Animal Farm Novel study/essay writing
Oral/Media: TED Talks (respond to and create your own), Geog media piece (poster or slideshow)
Geography: physical geography poster (gr. 7), mega city google slideshow (gr. 8)
Health: internet safety & managing stress written response & art
Art: complete art blog/health art/start art response journals
Math: measurement & algebra/patterning, numeracy (decimals/percents/ratios/money/shopping)!
Also, more STEAM days and our second FULL OUTDOOR DAY!
Okay, everyone, put on your dancing shoes and get ready to dance our way to March Break!